Peaches N' Cream Pie
photo by Elodie
- Ready In:
1 ten inch pie
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 can sliced peach, drained (reserving juice)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons peach juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, pudding, egg, and milk.
- Pour into greased 10-inch pie plate.
- Layer drained peach slices on top of batter.
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar, and peach juice and spread over peach slices.
- Mix together the 1 Tablespoon of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and sprinkle over top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I loved this pie. I have made it 3 or 4 times. I made it as the recipe directs the first time then I started altering it. It was great each time. The secodn time I added more milk to the curst and it made it less heavy. I also made yogart cheese in place of the cream cheese. It tased the same but the yougart cheese was a little runny and ran out of the pan, so I'd make it in a deeper pan. The next time I made it with more milk in the crust and it reminded me of cinnamon rolls (ya know, sponge) it was good! I aso added walnuts to the top. I went back to the cream cheese. Like I said, each time was great! Thanks for sharing Manda!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a single gal, living on my own; currently working as an Occupational Therapist & living in Cumberland, MD. (It is "God's Country" out here...beautiful!) I LOVE to cook and bake, and love anything that looks, tastes, smells, or even closely resembles a veggie. I LOVE moo-cows, and therefore, cannot bring myself to eat any part of the adorable critters (i.e. NO RED MEAT!!) I love the outdoors, and pride myself on being the master griller on the fire pit. My mother's side of the family is 100% Polish, so I have an inborn passion for cooking...unfortunately, along with that comes a love of eating, too!! But, hey..u only live once, so I say "EAT, DRINK, and BE MERRY!!!"