Peaches in Sauternes
photo by GaylaJ
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 6 -8 very ripe yellow peaches or 6 -8 white peaches
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (375 ml) bottle good Sauternes wine
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur (Grand Marnier recommended)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and immerse the peaches for a minute or two, until the skins come off easily; remove them with a slotted spoon and place them in a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking. (My peaches probably weren't peeled as prettily as Ina's, but I just skipped this process and went ahead and peeled them.).
- Peel the peaches, then slice into wedges off the pit and into a bowl.
- Stir in the sugar, Sauternes, and orange liqueur.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Serve cool, but not cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!