Peaches and Cream Cheese Pie
photo by HighDeeHoe
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 ounce) vanilla pudding (not instant)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups canned sliced peaches, drained, juice reserved
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons reserved peach juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease pie plate.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in medium bowl.
- Mix with electric mixer on medium speed, 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pie plate.
- Place peaches over batter.
- In separate bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and 3 T reserved peach juice.
- Mix on medium speed, 2 minutes.
- Pour over peaches.
- Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over top of pie.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
I had been making this for years with a recipe that called for bisquick. Finally you have submitted a money-saving version without that. Tonight I wanted this for dessert, but I had no vanilla pudding. Sooo I put on my thinking cap and decided to substitute the dry ingredientsfor a batch of cooked pudding-2 tablespoons corn starch, 1/3 cup sugar and a pinch of salt. When the milk was added I put in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. You'd never know the difference, but cost and preservatives have been reduced. Thanks for posing his all-time favorite!