Peach Yogurt Muffins
These muffins combine fresh peaches, creamy yogurt, and chewy oatmeal. They're from a cookbooklet I bought at a local farm market, Peach Perfect (Low Fat Recipes) by Sherri Eldridge. Each muffin has only 159 calories and 3 grams of fat. Use soy yogurt to make these dairy-free.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt or 1 cup soy yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peeled and diced peach
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray cups of muffin tin with non-stick oil.
- Mix flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, yogurt, honey, oil, and vanilla until blended. Stir peaches into liquid mixture.
- Combine dry ingredients and liquid mixture with several quick strokes.
- Pour batter into 12 muffin cups. Bake 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool muffins 5 minutes on a wire rack. Serve warm.