Peach Upside Down Cake
photo by 2Bleu
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 lb margarine
- 4 eggs
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans peaches in heavy syrup, juice reserved
- 1 (2 ounce) bag pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (again)
- Mix cake batter according to directions on box, but substitute reserved peach juice/syrup for water.
- Add margarine, then eggs.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon & a little brown sugar [as much as desired!], then blend until it is thick. Set aside.
- In bottom of a 13"x9" non-stick cake pan, place peach halves, cut side down & with a cherry in the middle of each, lining bottom of pan with peaches.
- Sprinkle a little brown sugar over peaches.
- Put a whole pecan in each of the spaces where peach halves come together, & place more all around the pan.
- Drizzle A LITTLE BIT of the cherry liquid over the peaches.
- Pour cake batter over peaches, covering all of them.
- Bake cake according to directions on box, but increasing baking time A LITTLE BIT.
- When done, remove from oven & cool slightly before inverting cake onto a serving plate.
- Great served warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!