Peach Streusel Picnic Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Don't save this delicious cake just for picnics, it is great anytime! And definitely use fresh peaches when in season. Canned peaches wouldn't do it justice!
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 -4 large peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mace
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Combine the nuts, rolled oats, brown sugar and melted butter; set aside.
- Toss the sliced peaches with the lemon juice; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the butter.
- Gradually beat in the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in the lemon rind.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and mace.
- Stir into the batter alternately with the milk, making two additions of each. The batter will be stiff.
- Spread in a greased and floured 9" x 13" cake pan.
- Arrange the peaches in neat rows over the batter, then sprinkle evenly with the nut mixture.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan on a rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION