Peach Pineapple Jam
- Ready In:
7 half pint jars
- 3 cups peaches, chopped fine (about 2.5 lbs)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) package pectin (MCP brand)
- 5 1⁄2 cups sugar
- In a large kettle, combine peaches that have been washed, peeled, pitted and chopped with pineapple, lemon juice and cherries.
- Add pectin and mix together.
- Over medium high heat, bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Add the sugar all at once, mix well and return to a full rolling boil, adding 1/2 tsp butter if needed to reduce foaming.
- When it reaches the full rolling boil, boil for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and continue to stir for a couple minutes. If need be, skim foam off the top. Pour into hot jars.
- If needed wipe edge of jars and then put lids and rings on. Get them as tight as you can by hand and turn upside down. Set timer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, turn right side up and let sit in an area free from drafts until cooled.
- If desired you can water process. Either way if the jar does not seal, put it in the fridge and use it first.
Join The Conversation