Peach or Strawberry Shortcake
- Ready In:
- 1 bought angel food cake, already prepared or 1 angel food cake mix, and prepare by the directions on the box
- 2 cups whipping cream (or 1 can whipped cream)
- 1 cups sweetened fresh sliced peaches (drained) or (17 ounce) can sliced peaches (drained)
- Using already prepared angel food cake of your choice (cooled). Slice horizontally into 3 layers.
- Whip cream till soft peaks form (or use spray-on whipped cream) and cover bottom layer with cream.
- Layer of peaches or strawberries on top of cream.
- Put on next layer and do same way.
- Top with last layer and repeat.
- Slice and enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I am giving this recipe 5 stars because it tasted good and it came to my rescue. We were having unexpected company and my husband quickly threw together an angel food cake from the box. Well, I think he must have taken it out before it was completely done because when he turned it over, part of it fell out of the pan. We couldn't serve it that way, so I broke it in pieces into a 9X13 pan, spread some cool whip on top, then some peach pie filling and finally some toasted sliced almonds. It looked like it was meant to be! This recipe was my inspiration. Thanks for posting!