Peach Melba Ice Cream Pie
This is wonderful on a hot summer day. Make sure to allow time to refreeze.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups vanilla wafer cookies
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup canned peaches
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1⁄2 pint fresh raspberry
- Heat oven to 325. Lightly butter a 9-inch pie pan. Put cookie crumbs, butter, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bwl. Toss with fork to moisten. Press into pie pan. Bake just until crust is set and golden, about 10 minutes. Remove. Cool on wire rack.
- Strain peaches over bowl. Reserve juice. Coarsely chop peaches.
- Put ice cream in large bowl. Using wooden spoon, mix in drained peaches and 1/4 cup of the reserved juice.
- Spoon into pie shell. Lightly cover with plastic wrap. Freeeze until firm.
- Remove from freezer. Spoon melted jam over top. Arrange raspberries in concentric circles in decorative pattenr to cover top. Return to freezer. Freeze until firm, several hour, or up to one week.
- To serve, remover from freezer 15 minutes before slicing. Cut with knife that has been dipped in hot water.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This pie was really pretty and tasty. I usually hating reviews that change the original recipe so much, but this benefited from a few changes. My cookie crust was to dry, so I looked up how much butter most cookie pie crusts have and went with that , which is 6 Tbl. Turned out good. Also, no info. on how to melt jam, so put it in the microwave for 30 seconds, it thinned out to a good consistency to drizzle, as photo shows, Added frozen raspberries randomly. I'm going to make it again, but will use frozen peaches chopped up and some peach nectar if needed. for a more peachy flavor.Reply