- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups peaches, mashed and sprinkled with lemon juice
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, buttermilk, butter, orange peel, peaches, and brown sugar.
- Add peach mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened; stir in nuts.
- Spoon mixture into 2 (8x4) loaf pans that have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
Join The Conversation
Delish! Sooo glad this recipe made two loaves -- there will be plenty for breakfast and snacks plus some to share with my wonderful neighbor. Used the food processor to chop the peaches as they didn't mash well by hand. These loaves turned out moist and full of flavor -- my house smells wonderful. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag, July, 2013.
This is a great sweet bread recipe! I used canned peaches (drained well) so I didn't have to use any lemon juice. I made these in mini ceramic loaf pans and got 6 small loaves. The spicing is just right, enhancing but not overpowering the peaches, and I loved the addition of all those pecans. Thanks for sharing the recipe!