Peach Glazed Pork Chops (Oamc)
- Ready In:
- 3 cups unsweetened frozen peach slices (about a pound, if making fresh, use defrosted)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 (5 ounce) lean boneless pork chops
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- To assemble and freeze, place all of the ingredients in Bag 1 in one resealable bag and close. Place chops in a second bag. Place both bags in a third bag, close and label. This can remain frozen for up to 2 months.
- To defrost, place in fridge 2 days before preparing.
- To prepare, season pork chops with the salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet. Cook chops about 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove 1/4 cup of liquid from the peach mixture and set aside. Add the remaining contents of Bag 1 to the skillet with the chops and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer about 3 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch into the reserved liquid and add to the pan, stirring an additional minute to thicken the sauce.
- Serve with rice pilaf and steamed green beans or broccoli.
Join The Conversation
Yummy! I browned the chops in a skillet then baked to finish cooking. Made the sauce in the same skillet to get up all the browned bits. The sauce reminded me of fruity German potato salad. Since I didn't cook the sauce and chops together, it was very kid friendly as they didn't take sauce if they didn't want it. My husband was surprised that it was a freezer recipe. I will be making this again.
I thought this was very good! Hubby wasn't too sure. I used frozen peaches and cooked everything in one dish. The pork was especially yummy if you ate it WITH the peaches on the same fork. I even made a yogurt parfait with the leftover peaches (sounds weird, but it was good). I think the opinions on the peaches might vary due to ripeness maybe?
Fixed this dish using boneless tenderized chops. Forgot to add the onion. Also, used fresh peaches from our tree. DH though it was outstanding!!! I really enjoyed it too.Kids didn't like it though. After I browned the chops I poured the sauce on and put it all in crock pot on low for after church. It cooked about 4 hours. Really good recipe. Can't wait to make it using OAMC directions.