Peach & Cream Dessert
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 package vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (20 ounce) can peaches (drained)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons peach juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix first 7 ingredients and pour into 9 inch square pan.
- Drain peaches and arrange on top of batter.
- Save some of the juice.
- Mix the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and 3 tbls peach juice and pour over the peaches.
- Sprinkle the top with 1 tbls sugar mixed with 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Bake 35 minutes in 350 degree oven.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was desparate. Company coming for dinner...important guests, the Captain and his wife. The menu was a breeze but I dont do desserts. Yikes, what to do? Made a peach cobbler once and it wasnt half bad but found this recipe instead and had all the ingredients on hand. They all loved it. My DH looked at me in disbelief with the "you made this?" look. I didnt taste it cause I dont like sweets but I told my guests I was diabetic and couldn't eat it. I know, I know, I lied...but it didnt matter cause they ate it all and there was nothing left anyway. Thanks for sharing this recipe, and thanks for making me look good to Captain and Mrs. Doofus.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We live on a farm. I am a staff account for a small accounting firm. My hobbies are weaving and spinning. Also, stained glass.