MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Store-bought phyllo dough makes this light and crispy crust for these summer fruits. Recipe is from Woman's World.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups pitted peaches, cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 2 1⁄2 cups pitted plums, cut into 1 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 6 sheets phyllo dough, thawed if frozen (from 16-ounce package)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup crushed amaretti (crisp almond cookies, about 14 from 7 ounce package)
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine peaches, plums, 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and zest; mix well.
- On lightly floured surface, brush 1 phyllo sheet with a little butter; sprinkle with 1/2 t sugar.
- Layer with remaining phyllo, one sheet at a time, and butter and sugar, turning 2 1/2 inch from each previous sheet to created overlapping circle.
- Transfer to a 9-inch pie pan, pressing to fit into pan and allowing edges of phyllo to overhang edge of pan.
- Sprinkle amaretti crumbs over bottom of crust.
- Top with fruit mixture.
- Bring overhanging phyllo up and over fruit to make ruffled border.
- Bake on baking sheet 1 hour, 15 minutes or until bubbly and golden, covering with foil after 30 minutes.
- Cool completely on rack.
- If desired, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve with whipped cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation