Peach and Blueberry Grunt
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 oranges, use the juice from both and the zest from 1/2
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 6 peaches
- 250 g blueberries
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 50 g butter, cut into small pieces
- 15 g butter, melted
- 100 g light muscovado sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons milk
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter a wide shallow ovenproof dish.
- Blend the corn starch with the orange zest and juice, and put in a large pan with the sugar.
- Peel, halve, stone and slice the peaches and add to the pan.
- Bring slowly to the boil, stirring gently until the sauce is shiny and thickened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the blueberries and tip into the prepared dish.
- Tip the flour into a mixing bowl and add the 50 g butter.
- Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs, then stir in half of the sugar.
- Mix the remaining sugar with the cinnamon and set aside.
- Add the milk to the dry ingredients and mix to a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly.
- Roll out to an oblong roughly 16 x 24 cm.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle evenly with the spicy sugar.
- Roll up from one long side and cut into 12 slices.
- Arrange around the top of the dish, leaving the centre uncovered.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the topping is crisp and golden.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>