From Better Homes and Gardens...
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 medium peaches, peeled and sliced (8 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup peach nectar or 1/4 cup orange juice
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- For topping, stir together brown sugar, rolled oats, 1/2 cup of the flour, and the 3 tablespoons granulated sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in almonds.
- For filling, stir together remaining flour, the 1/3 cup granulated sugar, the cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in a large mixing bowl. Add the peach slices and peach nectar or orange juice. Toss gently to coat.
- Transfer filling to an ungreased 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle topping over the filling. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until fruit slices are tender and the topping is golden. Serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
What a super recipe for a peach crisp! I love the topping on this and the addition of almonds just makes it heavenly. I used the option of orange juice and that worked well. A wonderful way to make a peach dessert without a heavy biscuit/cobbler topping. Goes great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top (sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon & nutmeg). Made for the Gimme Five tag event.
DIVINE! We really loved this crisp. It was easy to make and so delicious! I used some peaches I froze during the summer, so this was a real treat. I was running short on time and didn't get a chance to toast the almonds, so I just threw them on top of the topping. They browned up perfectly. I made this for Best of the Best 2010 Tag Game.