This is a nice creamy soup that's very easy to make. I made it up by putting together several recipes I found on the internet.
- Ready In:
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups fresh peas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup cream
- Bring the potatoes, water, and salt to a boil, turn down and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a soup pot.
- Add the onions, celery, and garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the peas, white pepper, and the potatoes with the water. Add more water if necessary to cover the vegetables. Bring to a boil, turn the heat down and simmer until the peas are tender.
- Put the soup into a blender or food processor and puree.
- Return the soup to the soup pot and add the milk or cream.
- Adjust the seasonings.
- Reheat before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Well, I made a few changes myself, and hey, I guess it's not even the same recipe, but this was the one I printed out and used as a guide, so... I used dried split peas- yellow and green, because it was what I had. I also added carrots because I thought it would look nice, I didn't add the cream because- well, I guess I just wasn't in the mood for such a creamy soup. Instead of using a food processor, I used a potato masher, we like the consistancy better. And I added approx 1 t of Herbes de Provence. I think the herbs added SO much wonderful flavor, I can't see making it without! Great recipe, LOVE the addition of garlic!! Terrific! Thanks so much for posting!Reply