PB-Banana Ice Cream Cake
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus additional for greasing pan
- 1 1⁄2 cups toasted mixed nuts, such as almonds, cashews, walnuts, and pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 3 very ripe bananas, frozen, roughly chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh ricotta
- 4 ounces melted dark chocolate
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped for serving
- Grease a 10-inch springform pan with butter. In a small bowl, combine nuts, butter, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, and honey. Press into the base of the pan in an even layer and transfer to freezer until firm, 10-15 minutes.
- Combine coconut cream, frozen bananas, remaining ½ cup peanut butter, and ricotta in the bowl of a blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. Pour over crust. Drizzle with melted chocolate and transfer to freezer until entirely frozen, about 3 hours. Carefully remove springform mold, running a knife along the edges if necessary. If desired, sprinkle with additional chopped chocolate, cut into wedges, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!