Paula's ' Hotter-N-Hell' Salsa
photo by Andi Longmeadow Farm
- Ready In:
- 8 -10 tomatoes
- 1 large sweet onion
- 3 green onions
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 5 jalapeno peppers, stems and seeds removed
- 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 -2 tablespoon louisiana hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Chop tomatoes, onion, green onion, cilantro, and jalapeño peppers in food chopper.
- Put chopped tomato and onion mixture into large plastic bowl and add all other ingredients.
- Cover with lid and place in refrigerator so flavors can combine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Using this salsa on grilled tortillas, this was an amazing, scrumptious tasting salsa. I particularly loved the addition of chopped green chilies here, the fresh cilantro, the lime, extra addition of cayenne pepper and hot sauce. This is my kinda of salsa! I used roma tomatoes and whirled 1/4 up in the little food processor then left the rest chuncky. Perfect! Septembre 2009
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello everyone, My name is Paula, I'm 40 years old, married 18 yrs. and have 3 children, 1 bird and Rocky the ferret. I love them all. I also love to cook and look and new and different recipes. I am in college full time working on my bachelors degree in Nursing Science. Hope you enjoy my recipes and I would love to hear what you think about them or just to share a recipe with me. Bye for now, your fellow food lover.