Paul Bunyan Burgers
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
My husband was a volunteer fireman for several years. We got this recipe from a fellow firefighter.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 loaf French bread
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Brown ground beef in skillet; pour off drippings. Add next 6 ingredients, mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Cut french bread lengthwise. Place half of mozzarella cheese on bottom; fill with beef mixture. Cover with remaining cheese slices and top slice of bread.
- Wrap in foil and bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes; cut into sandwiches.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wowzers! This was a great meal! It all went together quickly and disappeared quickly too. I did add 1/2 tsp. salt since the meat mixture seemed to need it. I could've sworn there was already a photo and now I'm sorry I didn't take one. I'll be making it again, so next time this sandwich will be posing for a shot. Thanks so much for a quick, filling meal wwltmom!Reply