Patriotic Drink (For Kids)
photo by hello.twobites
- Ready In:
- 3 ounces cranberry juice or 3 ounces fruit punch
- 3 ounces Gatorade sports drink (blue)
- 3 ounces sugar free 7-Up or 3 ounces Sprite
- ice cube, fill glass to the top with cubes
- Place the ice cubes in the bottom 3rd of a tall 12 ounce clear glass. Pour the cranberry juice or fruit punch in to fill the bottom 3rd.
- Place a few more cubes in to the middle and pour in the blue Gatorade to fill the glass 2/3 full.
- Place the final 3rd of ice in the glass. Pour in the diet 7up or diet Sprite.
- Serve and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We loved this drink! Even the adults! It really tasted like cranberry juice & 7up, which we mix & drink all the time. I was worried about the Gatorade, but it didn't have a negative effect on the flavor. My photo isn't quite as beautiful as NCMS', so I'll post it in the photo forum instead. But I wanted to warn everyone that I accidentally bought regular 7up & that's why it started to sink & mix with the Gatorade. Also, there are two kinds of blue Gatorade at my grocery store. One that has a name like "Frosty Blue", "Ice Blue" or something like that & then the original dark blue with no specific name. I used the dark blue. Thanks for posting Pam! I can't wait til next year to make it again!
I wanted to leave a comment only, since I made a variation of this drink today while watching the Super Bowl Playoffs (The Patriots won..the drink was in their honor). I didn't have cranberry juice in the house, so I subbed pomegranate juice instead. While this still was a tasty drink this way, the pomegranate juice didn't allow quite as lovely a layered effect as in the photo. Thanks for sharing :)