Patience Coconut Cake
My stepmother usually has to make two of these cakes at a time. It may take two days to make but it takes no time for it to vanish from the table!
- Ready In:
- 48hrs 30mins
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 38 ounces coconut
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip (Not lite or Fat Free)
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix (Duncan Hines preferred)
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- Mix 16 oz sour cream, 16 oz coconut, and the 2 cups of powdered sugar together and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Bake the cake mix as directed in 2 layer pans.
- When the cake is cool split the 2 layers and fill them with the sour cream mixture.
- Ice the cake then with the cool whip and the other 16 oz of coconut.
- Put the cake back in the refrigerator for at least another 24 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION