Pastry for Dummies!!!! :)
I was never very good at making anything that involved pastry until a friend gave me this recipe. It is so simple - even dummies like me make successful pastry now! Don't worry about the melting butter and sugar part - it really does work!
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons sugar, omit sugar and just use 1-2 pinches of salt if making savory pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups self raising flour
- Melt butter and sugar (or salt) stirring to make sure sugar dissolves. If you want for savory recipe just leave out sugar and add a pinch or 2 of salt.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add beaten egg, milk and flour and mix well but not overmixing.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out thinly on lightly floured board.
- Use for pies, tarts or small tarts.
- Bake 180deg c for about 10 minutes or till golden brown.