Pastry Cream ( for Filling Eclairs and Fruit Flans)
A rich and dense recipe for filling eclairs, fruit tart. Pastry cream may be varied with other flavours such as Rum, Brandy, Tia maria, Passion fruit, orange, lemon, whisky, praline. To make chocolate pastry cream add 50g cocoa to the milk.
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 100 g caster sugar
- 50 g flour
- 10 g custard powder
- 500 ml milk
- vanilla pod or vanilla flavoring
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a bowl until almost white.
- Mix in the flour and custard powder.
- Boil the milk in a thick based pan.
- Whisk onto the egg mixture, mix well.
- Return to the heat and stir to the boil. Add the vanilla.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a basin. Stir occasionaly to avoid a skin forming on the surface of the pastry cream.
- Cool, and use as needed.