Pastrami Stuffed Turkey Breast
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Turkey Breast stuffed with pastrami and mushrooms. This one is for Yeeshai and Esther Menucha.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1 ounce porcini mushroom, dried
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1⁄3 lb pastrami, sliced and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb baby bella mushroom cap, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 cups breadcrumbs, made from challah
- 1 turkey breast, have the butcher debone, double butterfly and pound to 1/2 to 1 inch thickness
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1⁄4 cup vermouth, divided (or sweet white wine)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- black pepper
- Soak the porcini mushrooms in the boiling water. Set aside.
- Using 2 T extra virgin olive oil, sauté pastrami, garlic, and onion until the onions are translucent.
- Add baby bella mushrooms. Sauté until mushrooms begin to brown and no liquid remains.
- Stir in the parsley and rosemary.
- Drain and squeeze the porcini mushroom, reserving the soaking water. Chop the mushrooms and add add them into the sauté.
- Mix in breadcrumbs; season stuffing to taste with pepper. Mix in enough reserved mushroom soaking liquid by tablespoonfuls to moisten (about 1/4 c). (Continue to save the rest of the mushroom water).
- Let stuffing cool.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lay out turkey.
- Spread stuffing over the turkey breast, leaving 1-inch border. Sprinkle with additional mushroom-soaking liquid if dry. Roll the turkey jelly-roll style.
- Secure with silicone cooking bands every 1 1/2 to 2 inches to hold shape and move to roasting pan.
- Drizzle 3 T EVOO and 1/3 c chicken broth over the turkey roll.
- Add 2 T EVOO, 2/3 c broth, 1/2 of the mushroom water, and 2 T vermouth to the bottom of the pan.
- Tightly double wrap with foil.
- Roast for 45 minutes. (turkey shoudl be browned and have reached an internal temperature of 175F).
To make gravy:
- Reserve 1 1/4 c of pan drippings.
- Stir 2 T EVOO and 2 T flour together to make a paste.
- Add pan drippings, remaining vermouth and mushroom water. Simmer 5 minutes, scraping browned bits. Whisk in flour paste. Continue to whisk until it simmers and thickens. Season with pepper to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION