Pasta With Zucchini and Lemon Caper Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Once again--leftovers save the day. Leftover spaghetti, and some unused/leftover produce with no other reason to exist but to transcend the skillet.
- Ready In:
- 1 zucchini
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (altogether)
- 2 -3 pinches kosher salt
- 3 pinches oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock (or low sodium chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into 1 inch chunks.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in skillet and add the zucchini.
- Sauté, tossing once or twice, for 2 minutes.
- Add a couple pinches of oregano, grind in some black pepper (a light dusting), and sauté for 1 minute longer.
- Add some kosher salt and sauté 1 minute then remove zucchini to a plate.
- Add the rest of the olive oil and sauté the garlic for a minute, or until it turns toasty color.
- Deglaze with the juice of 1 lemon and reduce by ~1/2-2/3.
- Add the stock or broth, and reduce by 1/2-2/3 again.
- Off heat, Add butter pinch of oregano, a couple grinds of pepper, and capers.
- Return to heat, add the zucchini back in and cook for 1 minute.
- Add pasta just to reheat.
- Grind in some more pepper.
- Serves 2 for a light lunch.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a wonderfully light recipe and something different. Make sure to not add too many capers as the dish might turn out too salty. The only thing I changed is the order of preparing. I sautÃ©d the onions, capers and garlic first, then added the zucchini, added the oregano etc and deglazed everything with lemon juice. I figured this would be less fuss then first sautÃ©ing the zucchini. Thank you for posting, it's a keeper for the category "quick, easy, light and slightly different".Reply