Pasta With Spinach, Crimini Mushrooms & Roasted Red Peppers
- Ready In:
- 1 lb whole wheat pasta
- 1 (9 ounce) package Baby Spinach, coarsely chopped
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 4 roasted red and yellow peppers, sliced thin and into 1-2-inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 small lemon, juice of
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, coarsley chopped
- olive oil
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- jarred kalamata olive, chopped
- Bring water to boil in pot to accommodate the pasta, add salt and olive oil and cook pasta to al dente.
- In large saute pan or wok, heat olive oil over medium high.
- Saute the mushrooms for 3 minutes, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Mix in the garlic and shallot and saute until mushrooms are tender.
- Turn off heat and add in spinach, roasted red peppers, lemon juice and basil and toss to mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in and toss with the drained pasta, serve, and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!