Pasta With Spicy Tomato- Olive Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chipotle chile
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, roughly chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lb medium pasta shell
- 1⁄3 cup basil (fresh chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the garlic, crushed red pepper, and chipotle chiles. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Stir in the olives and tomatoes (with their juice). Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, or until lightly thickened. Season to taste with salt.
- 2.Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and transfer to the skillet. Add the basil, parsley, and lemon juice, and toss to mix well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!