Pasta With Smoked Turkey and Asparagus
- Ready In:
- 350 g pasta
- 450 g asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
For the sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 8 ounces chunk smoked turkey, diced
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally .
- Add the asparagus and carrots, cook for another 4-5 minutes until vegetables are tender and pasta is cooked al-dente.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: Bring the stock and onion to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered for 4-5 minutes until onion is soft.
- Whisk flour into milk until smooth. Stir into simmering broth mixture, return to a simmer and cook 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly , until slightly thickened.
- Reduce heat to low, add turkey and stir until heated through.
- Remove from heat, add mustard and butter and stir until the butter has melted.
- Drain pasta and vegetables; return to pot. Add sauce and toss to mix.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">