Pasta With Roasted Summer Vegetables and Basil
- Ready In:
- 4 summer squash, sliced 1 inch thick crosswise (about 2 pounds total)
- 2 pints grape tomatoes (about 4 cups)
- 2 medium red onions, halved and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces pasta (fusilli, penne, etc)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Divide squash, tomatoes, onions and garlic between two large baking sheets. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast until tender and starting to brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain and return to pot.
- Add vegetables, butter, Parmesan, and basil to pasta. Toss gently to combine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in a booming town on the West Coast, close to a mountain range and the beach. My favorite cookbook is my mother's old Betty Crocker cookbook, because I have such fond memories of baking with her when I was younger. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"><img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegnswap2/group09okra.jpg><img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegnswap3/group06grape.jpg> <b>Chef of the Day: Sept 5th, 2008</b>