Pasta With Red Pepper Sauce
Sometimes you need a break from ordinary pasta sauce. Sweet red pepper sauce replaces chunky meat sauce and cooks in less time. From Better Homes and Gardens. This sauce is even good over chicken!
- Ready In:
- 6 medium sweet red peppers
- 4 garlic cloves
- 10 ounces dry pasta
- 1 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup of loosely packed fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, adjust to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- grated parmesan cheese
- Cut peppers lengthwise into quarters; remove stems, seeds and membranes. Place peppers, cut side down, on a large foil lined baking sheet. Add garlic cloves. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until peppers are tender and lightly browned.
- meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions on box.
- Add peppers, garlic and remaining ingredients (except salt) to a food processor. Blend until almost smooth. Transfer to a saucepan, add salt and heat over medium-low heat until heated through.
- Serve over pasta and top with parmesan cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Delicious! We loved this quick, easy, and fresh tasting sauce. The peppers and garlic were not quite done after 20 mins. so I put them under the broiler to finish cooking. I adjusted the seasoning, adding more salt, some black pepper and a little sugar. Also, I added some diced, precooked chicken to the sauce. I served this with multi-grain penne pasta and topped it with fresh Parmesan cheese. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper!