Pasta With Oyster Mushrooms
From 1001 More Low Fat Recipes. I can get the most beautiful oyster mushrooms at the local Asian market!
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces oyster mushrooms
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces fettuccine, cooked, warm
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Separate oyster mushrooms into pieces. Saute mushrooms and garli in butter in a large skillet until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour. Cook 1 minute.
- Add milk, broth, and lemon juice to skillet; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in tomato, salt and pepper; cook over medium heat until hot.
- Spoon over pasta and top with cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Mmmmm. This was good! We get locally grown organic oyster mushrooms at our Saturday Feria here in Uvita (Farmers Market). Always looking for something new to make with them, and this recipe fit the bill! It was great as written, and next time I think we'll throw in some minced oregano or basil from our garden, maybe some crushed red pepper flakes. Thank you for posting!!!Reply
see 1 more