Pasta With Olives Piquant (Moosewood)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Moosewood Restaurant Simple Suppers. Suggested olives for taste and color variety: kalamatas, green olives, stuffed olives (pimientos, garlic or lemon peel).
- Ready In:
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb other pastas
- 1 1⁄2 cups assorted pitted olives
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup grated pecorino romano cheese (optional) or 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Finely mince olives.
- Combine oil and garlic in a heavy pan, heating over low heat until golden in color.
- Add red pepper flakes, olives and parsley.
- Stir constantly, cooking just until parsley wilts.
- Remove from heat.
- Before draining pasta, dip out 1 cup of the water.
- Drain pasta and transfer the noodles to your serving bowl.
- Toss in your olive sauce.
- Use a little of the cooking water that you saved to "wash" the remaining sauce out of the pan. Toss the water/sauce mix into the pasta.
- Add more cooking water if your pasta seems dry.
- Top with grated cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION