Pasta With Kale and Kidney Beans
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs kale, washed, dried, stalks removed, and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 6 cups hot cooked spiral shaped pasta (about 4 cups uncooked)
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, stock, salt and peppers and cook 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low, stir in kale, pasta, and beans, and cook 2 minutes until all is heated through. Spoon into shallow bowls and top with cheese.
Join The Conversation
Delish! This is easy to make, fast, tasty and healthy. I didn't use the oil and cut back on the cheese in order to reduce the fat. I use whole wheat pasta and added more garlic and red pepper flakes. I also boiled the kale for a minute or two before adding because it was super thick and bitter (dino kale). Thanks for posting, this is a perfect weeknight meal!
I love this stuff. Of course I add much more hot pepper and I used frozen chopped spinach instead of kale. I also added just a touch of cornstarch so the sauce would stick to my pasta. I can eat this hot or cold.. that's how delicious it is! I served it over penne pasta. It is so delicious you just have to try it!