Pasta With Chicken, Asparagus & Prosciutto (Or Bacon)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Invite some friends over and wow them with this delectable, creamy dish.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 lemons
- 3 1⁄2 ounces prosciutto or 3 1/2 ounces bacon
- 1 lb pasta
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, torn into strips (about 9oz total weight)
- 1 pinch fresh nutmeg
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated, plus extra for serving
- Trim the asparagus and cut into short lengths on the diagonal - keep the tips separate. (If you like, peel the stems to give a more vibrant colour when cooked.) Cook the stems in salted boiling water for about 4 minutes, then add the tips and cook for 1 minute more. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Peel the lemons with a serrated knife, remove all the white pith, then cut into segments by slicing each side of the pieces of membrane. Now cut the segments into small pieces (flick out any pips) and put them in a bowl with any juice. Broil the prosciutto for 3-4 minutes until crisp - keep an eye on it because it can burn easily.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in plenty of well-salted boiling water until al dente.While it's cooking, put the butter and half the cream in a large pan and let them bubble together over a low heat for 2-3 minutes until thickened slightly. Tip in the lemon segments and juice, the chicken, asparagus and a few pinches of salt. Turn off the heat.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the contents of the pan along with the rest of the cream. Toss well, adding black pepper and nutmeg to taste, and the grated parmesan. Toss again, top with the prosciutto and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION