Pasta With Cabernet Sauce and Sausage
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 lbs hot Italian sausage or 1 1/4 lbs sweet Italian sausage
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup cabernet sauvignon wine
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne, cooked al dente
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Add sausage to a deep large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook, stirring frequently, breaking the sausage into bite-size pieces.
- Add in the chopped onion; cook/stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the chopped bell pepper and garlic; continue to cook, stirring often, until the sausage is no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat; transfer meat/vegetables to a colander and drain well.
- Return sausage/vegetable mixture back to skillet over high heat; add in wine.
- Add in spaghetti sauce, sugar, and pepper; stir well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil; decrease heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Serve over hot, drained, pasta; sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION