Pasta With Artichokes and Basil
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces tagliatelle pasta noodles, fusilli or 4 ounces fettuccine, broken up
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium red sweet peppers, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, snipped or 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Immediately drain. Return pasta to pan; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place artichoke hearts in a colander under cold running water to separate. In a large skillet cook and stir artichokes, sweet pepper, onion, and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in tomato and basil; cook and stir about 2 minutes more or until heated through. Add artichoke mixture to pasta. Toss gently to mix. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 to 6 side-dish servings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is great! I had never thought of adding artichoke to pasta but it works beautifully. I much prefer pasta with veggies than under the usual tomato sauce and this was really a treat. I used spinach fettuccine but pretty much any pasta would work here.This should pleas everyone at the table when you want a vegetarian meal.