Pasta With a Cherry Tomato and Mascarpone Sauce
photo by Anonymous
- Ready In:
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet, over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, onion and salt. Stir frequently. This mixture will need to cook for about 25 minutes until the sauce has developed.
- When the tomatoes soften and the skins start to burst, press on them to release the juices inside. Once the majority of the skins have burst, it does not need stirring more than once every 5 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package, so it will be ready in time for the sauce.
- After about 25 minutes, the tomatoes should all have split and the juices should have created a sauce. Stir in the mascarpone cheese until melted and blended in.
- If desired, use a blender or hand-blender to puree the sauce, otherwise it can be left chunky.
- Add the parmesan cheese and basil leaves to the sauce, stir and serve on top of the pasta or mixed together with the pasta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Awesome recipe. Made it tonight for my new gentleman friend and after last nights meatloaf disaster, this one more than made up for it. I couldn't get cherry tomatoes but the store had a tiny on the vine version. I increased the tomatoes by one half and used a pint of grape tomatoes. Doubled on everything else, including mascarpone. I cooked 1 pound of whole wheat rotini and quadrupled the parmesan. I used Romano. This made enough for at least 6-8 people. I served it with chicken cutlets and a salad. I will definately be making this one again.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a primary school teacher living in Bristol, England. At the moment I teach Kindergarten, known here as Reception. I really love my job but it doesn't leave much time for hobbies! I enjoy cooking for friends and aim to try new recipes as often as possible! My signature dish has to be White Chocolate Blondies, as it is my most requested sweet treat, and I definitely have a sweet tooth! Update- 5-5-09: Somebody was very thoughtful and gave me the gift of a premium membership. I can honestly say it made me feel so good! If you're out there, THANK YOU so much! I can't quite believe the generosity... <img src="http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/Copyoftag300-banner.jpg" border="0" alt="Susie's Banner for Newest Zaar Tag"> <img src="http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/HokiesLady65/Recipezaar%20Album/iplaytagin.jpg"> <img src="http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg"> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/holidaybadge.gif" border="0" alt="Photobucket"X> <img src="http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/HokiesLady65/Banners/holidayprmr2.jpg"> <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif"> <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg"> <img src="http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7505/mybanner4a394ee84d5f0.jpg" > <img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/cc-banner-7-09.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">