Pasta Salad With Avocado Dressing
I love avocados and they are so good for you! This is a recipe adapted from Lindsey Williams' NeoSoul Cookbook. Cooking time is chilling time for the pasta.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb pasta, of your choice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 5 ripe avocados
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Remove the cooked pasta,drain while running under cold water.
- Place pasta in a bowl and toss the pasta with 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Chill the pasta in the refrigerator while preparing the other ingredients.
- Peel and cut one avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Mince the jalapeno pepper and garlic cloves.
- Chop the parsley and cilantro.
- To make the dressing for the salad, combine the halved avocado, half of the chopped parsley, half of the cilantro, the lime juice, jalapeno, garlic, and salt in a food processor or blender.
- Blend until all ingredients are well mixed and add the 1 cup of olive oil in a steady stream until the mixture is creamy (resembling mayonnaise in consistency).
- If the dressing is too thick, add a little water to the blender to loosen it up.
- Set the dressing aside while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Peel 4 of the avocados, halve them, and remove the pits, and dice (I prefer larger chunks, so cut them to the size that you prefer).
- Dice the tomatoes and red onions.
- In a large bowl, combine the chilled pasta, diced avocados, tomatoes, onion, and remaining parsley and cilantro. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in the avocado dressing and mix well until all of the pasta mixture is well coated.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION