I like this one because the vegetables are roasted. From Everyday Italian
- Ready In:
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 2 medium zucchini or 1 large zucchini, cut into thin strips
- 2 yellow squash, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herb seasoning or 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 1 lb farfalle pasta (bowtie pasta)
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- On a large heavy baking sheet, toss all of the vegetables with the oil, salt, pepper, and dried herbs to coat.
- Transfer half of the vegetable mixture to another heavy large baking sheet and arrange evenly over the baking sheets.
- Bake until the carrots are tender and the vegetables begin to brown, stirring after the first 10 minutes.
- About 20 minutes total.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Toss the pasta with the vegetable mixture in a large bowl to combine.
- Toss with the cherry tomatoes and enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season the pasta with the salt and pepper, to taste.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION