Pasta Manzo Fungo Ascari
photo by Yorky1000
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 500 g minced beef
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 100 ml beef stock
- 350 g canned tomatoes, liquidised
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 200 g button mushrooms, halved if large
- 3 handfulls chifferi rigati pasta
- Marinate the minced beef in 2 tblsp of soy sauce, 1 tsp sugar, 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce and a 1/4 tsp of salt for 30 minutes.
- Heat some oil in a deep frying pan or wok and stir fry the onion and garlic until the onion changes colour. Add to a pot with the beef stock.
- Add a little more oil and stir fry the minced beef until it is brown and loose. Add to the pot.
- Stir the tomatoes and tomato paste into the pan. Stir in the oregano, basil, salt, and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the sauce for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally and adding a little warm water if the sauce dries out.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in salted boiling water for 8 minutes (or as per the instructions). Drain.
- Stir the mushrooms into the pot and simmer for a further 8 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!