You can use frozen chopped spinach instead of fresh leaf spinach. Also, you can leave out the pine nuts, but it won't taste the same.
- Ready In:
- 2 ounces minced garlic
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (In Oil)
- 1 ounce pine nuts
- 10 ounces cleaned spinach leaves
- 2 lbs plum tomatoes, quartered, seeded
- 1 lb penne, cooked al dente
- 2 ounces romano cheese
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a skillet and cook pine nuts until golden brown.
- Add spinach and garlic cook until slightly wilted.
- Add plum tomatoes, salt, pepper, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Bring this to a boil for about 5 minutes.
- Add pasta and stir until well mixed.
- Cook until heated and add cheeses.
- Taste and adjust seasonings and serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was an EXCELLENT, restaurant quality dish!!! We loved it. I followed the recipe exactly using fresh spinach. The only thing I did differently was to cut the tomatoes into smaller pieces. This is definately worth a try and a great dish for company too. It makes a lot....4 large, 6 medium size servings. Thanks for the recipe!1Reply