Pasta E Fagioli
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 1 cup carrot (julienned)
- 1 cup celery (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans canned diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces kidney beans (canned with liquid)
- 15 ounces great northern beans (canned with liquid)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 24 ounces v- 8 vegetable juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 lb ditali pasta
- In a large pot, brown the beef, and then drain the fat.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic, saute over med-low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except pasta, Simmer for an hour.
- About 50 minutes into the simmering, cook the pasta in a seperate pot until al dente, drain, and add to the soup.
- Simmer another 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with your favorite bread and salad and enjoy.
Join The Conversation
Made for Fall, '09 PAC. DH says, "When I go for seconds it's got to be good!" We both had seconds and there is a ton left over for freezing and sharing. This was absolutely delicious. I have been looking for a Pasta Fagiole recipe and none ever sounded just right. This is just right alright and then some. So easy to make and sooo good going down. Can't wait to have it again when the autumn leaves are falling and the snow is blowing. Thank you so much, aimbrulee, for sharing this wonderful recipe. P.S. DH thanks you, too. Sue