Pasta and Bean Salad With Cumin and Coriander Dressing
Colorful salad, that's easy to make and yummy! Posted for ZWT 2006.
- Ready In:
- 10 ounces tri-color spiral pasta
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, finely shredded
- 5 ounces button mushrooms, halved
- 1 (10 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chives, snipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ounces sunflower seeds, toasted
Cumin and Coriander Dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Cook pasta in large pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well.
- In a large pan, heat the oil. Add the leek and bell pepper and stir-fry over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add spinach and mushrooms and toss together for about 1 minute, or until spinach just begins to wilt. Set aside.
- Make the dressing: mix garlic, cumin, coriander, and vinegar together in a bowl. Gardually whisk in the olive oil.
- In a salad bowl, toss the pasta, vegetables, beans, chives, and black pepper. Add the dressing and toss. Sprinkle sunflower seeds over the top and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wonderful flavor combo! I did make some substitutions, I didn't have leeks so I used red onion in its place. I also didn't have colored pasta, so I used tri-color peppers instead. I also can't eat sunflower seeds, so I used cashews. The dressing is out-of-this world and the veggies are so delicious! Thanks for sharing this awesome and pretty recipe!Reply