Passover Banana Nut Cake
photo by Lizzie Rodriquez
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- Preheat oven to 325. Lightly grease sides and center of a 10 inch tube pan.
- Separate eggs into large mixing bowls. slowly beat 1 cup sugar and salt into yolks until thick and light in color. Add mashed bananas. Beat for 3 minutes on high speed.
- Stir together cake meal, potato starch and cinnamon. Fold gradually into banana mixture. Add nuts.
- Beat whites till peaked (not dry). Continue beating and make meringue by beating 1/4 cup sugar into whites 1 teaspoon at a time. Fold meringue into banana mixture.
- Bake in pan for 70 to 75 minutes until its springy to touch. invert pan and let hang for 45 minutes. remove while warm with a thin blade.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!