Passed Down Fredericksburg Fresh Peach Cobbler
This is an old Texas favorite. So yummy and easy.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 cups peaches, sliced
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup brown sugar, for topping
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Melt butter until slightly brown Pour into an 8-by-12-inch baking dish.
- Mix sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and milk.
- Pour into melted butter.
- Do not stir.
- Cover top of batter with peaches.
- Do not mix.
- Cover top of peaches with brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I make dessert for Wednesday church dinner. I have the hardest time finding something to feed a large number of people that is simple and inexpensive. This recipe was so perfect. I made several for church and one just for home. Also made it with blueberries as well as peaches. Both were wonderful!I had to cook them for longer than the recipe for longer but it came out awsome. Worth the wait . My daughter even helped me and had fun. We will be making this often. W1Reply
see 12 more