Party Shrimp Ceviche
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1 lb small shrimp, without shells
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 lemons, juice of, only
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 sour dill pickle, diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes or 6 grape tomatoes, halved
- salt and black pepper
- Cook the shrimp in boiling water for about 5 minutes, or until they are just done. Drain and rinse in cool water.
- Put the sliced onion in a colander and pour boiling water over them and let it drain out. This will make them more digestible.
- Combine the ketchup, lemon juice, soy and worcestershire sauces, hot sauce, and garlic.
- In a glass or ceramic bowl, put the shrimp and onions. Pour the ketchup-lemon juice over the shrimp and toss. Add salt and pepper to taste and gently stir in the pickles and tomatoes.
- Let chill for at least two hours.
- Serve with beer and other cocktail snacks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a teacher in Cluj, Romania. I am social person who loves to throw parties, especially dinner parties.