Party Pasta Bowl
To prepare this dish ahead of time, assemble casserole 2-3 hours in advance, cover and refrigerate. When ready to serve, let stand at room temperature about 20 minutes then bake, uncovered, as recipe directs. A crown pleaser from Pampered Chef.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 (16 ounce) package ziti pasta or (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb lean ground beef (90%)
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons dried italian seasoning mix
- 1 (48 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 egg
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese, divided
- additional snipped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to package directions in Dutch (6-qt.) Oven; drain.
- Meanwhile, chop onion. Place onion, ground beef and garlic pressed with in (12-inch) skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Remove from heat; drain. Sprinkle with seasoning mix. Stir in sauce and tomatoes.
- In bowl, lightly beat egg with whisk. Add ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, parsley and black pepper. Grate Parmesan cheese; set aside 1/4 cup. Stir remaining Parmesan cheese into ricotta mixture.
- To assemble casserole, place cooked pasta in a ovenproof baking bowl. Add 6 cups of the meat sauce; mix well. Spread ricotta mixture evenly over pasta. Top with remaining meat sauce. Bake 1 hour. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Continue baking 10 minutes or until bubbly. Garnish with additional parsley.