photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs small red potatoes, peeled
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the potatoes.
- Cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and place in large bowl.
- Melt the butter, stir in parlsey, paprika and salt.
- Mix well and finish off with a few grinds of black pepper.
- Serve and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Paula, these potatoes are wonderful!!! I tried making parsley potatoes in the past from scratch, but they never seemed to pick up any flavor. I finally resorted to using caned baby potatoes. However your recipe has changed all that. My kids stated at dinner tonight that these potatoes were the best ever. The only thing I regret is I over cooked my potatoes slightly. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made and reviewed for the 57th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
A lovely side to our main last night. I added an Aussie spin and used sea parsley, saltbush flakes & mountain pepper. When the potatoes were draining I melted the butter in the same pot & then tossed the potatoes through the mixture on the stove for a lovely even coating. The paprika is a nice touch.
This recipe is on my *Christmas 2007* menu, but I could not wait to make these potatoes. I served them last nite w/a baked fish entree, used reg paprika & added our much-favored garlic. They are so simple to make & tasted great! DH is fussy about his potatoes, but he made a point of telling me how much he liked them. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :-)
see 7 more reviews