- Ready In:
- Mix sugar and evaporated in a pan, bring to a boil and set aside.
- Heat the ghee in a frying pan. Add the cream of wheat and cardamom powder and fry until it is very lightly golden brown in color. Constantly stir to ensure even browning.
- Stir in raisins.
- Add sugar/milk slowly (it should still be hot/warm and it may sputter).
- Stir rapidly to prevent lump formation.
- Cook over medium heat until the milk gets completely absorbed.
- Serve immediately and garnish with almonds, walnuts or raisins if desired.
- It will become firm as it cools. But it still tastes great. I like to eat it when cooled.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm 23 years old and I live in Trinidad. One of the islands in the Caribbean. I love baking and have a major sweet tooth but I am trying to cook more savoury foods and I am enjoying trying new recipes. Recently I have come to love photographing the food I make. Too bad they don't all come out photo worthy, but at least they still taste good! lol <img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/SuperBowlSTKR.jpg> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/TeaSuppers-STKR.jpg">