Great nibbles with a glass of wine, from Sue Lawrence Scottish Cookery
- Ready In:
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 3 ounces plain flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- preheat oven to 300F.
- cream the butter until very soft and mix in the rest of ingredients until they all come together.
- roll out into a sausage shape 9 inches long.
- rest in fridge for 30 mins or more.
- slice thinly and cook on greased tray for 20-25 mins until light golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These bites of goodness are buttery-crisp & have a truly wonderful flavor. I made this easy quick-fix as written, but the mixture was very soft & sticky. I would not have been able to roll it that way, so I piled it on a sheet of parchment paper, used a gentle rolling motion to get to a log that somewhat resembled a sausage & put it in my freezer. When very firm, I was able to roll it to more of the sausage shape. I chilled it again for a bit, quickly sliced it w/a sharp knife & carefully transferred the disks to my baking sheet. They were done faster than expected at 15 min baking time. They are very delicate & must be handled carefully, but *man are they good* ! They will be made again w/a little experimentation. I want to see if reducing the butter by 1T & increasing the flour & Parmesan by 1T will create a more dough-like mixture & make the rolling process easier w/o loss of flavor. I will also try adding about 1/4 tsp garlic then as well, which I see as a great add! Thx for sharing this great recipe w/us. It is certainly among the best bite-size finger-food I have made. :-)